Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 86: Psychic.

I'm not sure where I stand on matters of spirituality or the paranormal. I buy into it a little, and I've found myself on the approving side of New Age philosophy on occasion. I was all for hypnotherapy (which I view as half New Age-y, half actual science). I do believe in astrological signs as descriptors, with natal charts and the like, but not horoscopes. I think there are spirits among us, and I do believe some people have psychic abilities. I'm not deep into any of it, because I'm skeptical by nature and some that claim to be “psychics,” “mediums,” etc. are really just preying on and deceiving those who buy into it. There are more fakes out there than those with actual gifts. So I believe this stuff is real; I just don't believe it happens as often we'd like to think.

That said... For a long time, I've wanted to see a psychic. I've been apprehensive about it, though, and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe I was afraid they'd see my apprehension as full-on skepticism, because I know they don't like to read skeptics. However, a few days ago, I asked on Facebook if anyone knew of a psychic in the area. So on suggestion, I ended up doing an email reading with a local psychic, and I asked her three questions.

Almost everything she said was right on. Then the inner skeptic came out, and I had to Google myself and find out just how much information about me was easily found on the internet. Everything out there comes from my personal blogs, none of which were viewed in that time period. Plus, although I told her my name, she called me by the wrong name in the email (it happens a lot – stupid last name that sounds like a first name). So she would have been Googling the wrong person. So... I think it was legit.

I'm not going to publish the whole thing here, but I'll summarize what she said.

I asked: “I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, and I've been struggling to better understand the source so that I can heal. Would you have any insight on that?”

She said my anxiety mainly stems from pressure I put on myself and feeling like I'm not where I should be in my life. She also said she feels this is something I've gotten from my mother, and that I “may want to do some work concerning mom, really realizing that you two are separate and you have your own choices in life to make.” Now, I didn't tell her anything about my mother. Nothing. But that's accurate. With regard to my panic attacks, she said: “It seems like you have panic attacks when you are out of the house, or I see you driving in the car having one.” Um, yes. That happens. She feels like that has something to with a past life, and to remind myself what year it is to ease them. She also mentions she thinks I have a serotonin imbalance, and that's put me into a depression, which is exacerbating everything. And...yes, also true.

I asked: “I honestly don't know what to do with my education and career, and have been waiting for a long time to find myself passionate about something. When will I figure this out?”

She told me she felt I already had a degree, but to “finish [my] degree.” Which makes sense, because I've been dragging my feet on grad school and all. She sees me in teaching or psychology, and dealing with children (I know, right?). And that does match up with what I've been looking at. She also said: “Your passion isn't there, just because I think you talk yourself out of things before you can finish them, or realize that you can make them your own. Meaning when ever you choose something you think you are going to like, you then start focusing on the negative aspects of the career and that stops you from following through.” And yeah, I've struggled with not having passion for a long time, and yeah, I do exactly what she said. Basically she said I'm being too negative and “selling myself short,” and I have to work to overcome the depression and get involved with something.

I asked: “I'm also very lonely, and have been for a while. Will I find a partner anytime soon?”

She said she sees that I have a very small circle of friends, and I don't go out very often. And I need to change that (yes, I've been hearing that for a while). She thinks I've been “nursing a heartbreak” after a bad breakup, and we all know that's not exactly true. I'll probably think about that a little more and find something that fits, though. She said people are interested in me, but I “don't see [my] worth right now,” and I'm not “in the frame of mind to see them.” She sees me with a man who has brown, wavy hair (but of course cautions me not to just look for that in a partner), and encourages me to partake of internet dating. How about that?

She ended by saying that she thinks I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be right now, and she sees things changing for me around the new year, mainly concerning work. That will change my outlook and improve the course of my life.

Overall... Yeah. Very accurate. I'm tempted to get a more in-depth reading in-person sometime soon, as well. There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment